Your wafers in good hands
Wafer dicing describes the precision processing of wafers and substrates made of HTCC (high temperature co-fired ceramics) and LTCC (low temperature co-fired ceramics) ceramics, silicon, glass, germanium, sapphire, quartz, COB circuit boards or metal foils by means of mechanical cutting (sawing). The advantage of using the wafer saw is the extremely precise separation of the wafers, the exact edge quality and the variety of materials to be processed - including short set-up times.
We offer the following options for processing your wafers and substrates:
- complete cutting of the pre-mounted (glued) workpiece on carrier foil
- production of mitre cuts
- pure surface processing by grooves and notches (grooving)
- circular cuts to reduce the size of the wafer
- trimming to improve the edge quality
We process the following materials - each with or without optical coating layers or already printed or sputtered functional layers:
- aluminium oxide (Al2O3) - thick-film and thin-film substrates
- aluminium nitride (AlN), zirconium oxide (ZrO2), silicon nitride (SiN)
- PTC, LTCC, hybrids, PCBs
- borosilicate, float, quartz or sapphire glass
- mono- or polycrystalline silicon
The separated wafers and substrates can be delivered on foil left in the saw frame, in 2" or 4" waffle packs, already taped or in transport containers of your choice.
Further details can be found in our data sheets.
Typical areas of application for wafer dicing
Wafer Dicing is used for the following applications:
- grading and separating IR filter elements
- cutting of semiconductor components (optoelectronic components, LEDs)
- production of ceramic components smaller than 10 x 10mm² in combination with laser processing
- structuring of quartz glass elements
- separation of multilayer ceramics (LTCC) in the printed state
- separation of piezoceramics for signalling or fine positioning
Our services for you
We process your substrates and wafers according to your specifications. Depending on the installation conditions and application purpose, a combination of laser and dicing processing can also prove useful and sensible. Our staff will be happy to advise you on this.
Discover more technologies now and take a look at our available materials.