Metals and alloys that have a density of less than 5 g/cm³ are generally referred to as light metals. With their low intrinsic weight and relatively high strength, light metals are primarily used in the aerospace, automotive, medical technology and construction industries. Light metals and their use to reduce the weight of components are becoming increasingly important when it comes to saving energy and protecting the environment.
- low specific weight
- wide range of different strengths
- good cold formability and good electrical and thermal conductivity (suitable as cooling elements)
- higher strength alloys, suitable as lightweight construction material
- anodised surfaces allow decorative design and resistance to slightly corrosive media, making them ideal for housings and visible surfaces
- foils, tapes from t= 0.02 mm
- thin sheet t=0.3 - 6.0 mm
- very light and passivatable material
- biocompatible and therefore often used in medical technology
- foils, tapes t=0.10 - 0.4 mm
- thin sheet t=0.5 - 2.0 mm
We cut, weld, structure and mechanically process light metals according to your individual ideas and wishes. We are able to process your supplied material or offer you the service of purchasing special materials in small quantities without processing them further.
You can find out about our suitable technologies for processing light metals below:
The specific data sheets of the individual materials are available on request. The material listing is only a current selection without any claim to completeness. Do you have special requirements? We will be happy to advise you personally on your questions regarding our available materials and services.